Art Director and Graphic Designer with expertise in packaging, tradeshow and retail design. Experienced working with a variety of Consumer Packaged Goods and Intellectual Property initiatives. Â
DESIGN MANAGERÂ – MARKETINGÂ & eCOMMERCE
Melissa & Doug- Wilton, CTÂ |Â Nov. 2016- Current
- Design and execute print assets for traditional Point of Sale marketing including: packaging inserts, new product launch assets, print ads, and retail POS.
- Art direction and creation of eCommerce assets for promotional events including: email, display banners, content within video assets, and site content for MelissaAndDoug.com
- Assist with in-house photo and video shoots
- Edit and format product imagery for placement on website, e-mail campaigns, and in advertising materials
ART DIRECTORÂ – PACKAGING, RETAILÂ & TRADESHOW
Storebound – New York, NYÂ |Â Nov. 2014 -Â Nov. 2016
- Oversee Packaging Department: Design dielines,Â package graphics, layouts, logos and color schemesÂ for all development lines.
- Lead Design Manager for all tradeshow events;Â Overseeâ€™s all outside services including printing,Â large format signage, structure builds, etc.
- Developed and implemented a new streamlinedÂ photography and ï¬le management process.
- Art directed still life and lifestyle photo shoots ofÂ each product. Edited RAW ï¬les for print production.
- Handled multiple assigned projects with variousÂ ï¬‚uctuating priority levels and short deadlines.
- Responsible for development of all retail P.O.P.Â Displays, including creating mock up samplesÂ andÂ 3D renders for client presentations.
- Collaborate daily with Marketing, Product,Â Sales, Vendors,Â Foreign Printers and Factories.
- Introduced brand standard and creative style guide toÂ create cohesive branding across multiple categories.
SENIOR PACKAGEÂ Â DESIGNER
Jakks Pacific – Malibu, CAÂ |Â Mar. 2011 – Sept. 2014
- Managed a small team of Designers and Jr.Designers.
- Creative Services for boyâ€™s licensed division: Star Wars, Godzilla, Nintendo, DC, Smurfs, PowerÂ Rangers, Pokemon, Slugterra, and Real Steel.
- Ideated and developed packaging, branding andÂ graphic assets as outlined by overall brand stategy.
- Collaborated with licensors on develpment of brandÂ styleguides for use across all global partners.
- Responsible for concept, design, and execution ofÂ brandÂ showrooms for quarterly Toy Fairs as wellÂ asÂ Licensed conventions.
Talbot Designs – Westlake, CAÂ |Â Dec. 2010 – Mar. 2011
- Head designer for food and restaurant branding.Â Working directly with CEO and clients to launch Â new brands.
Mustang Marketing – thousand oaks, CAÂ |Â May 2010 – Nov. 2010
- Marketing resources, front end web development,Â billboard design and direct mail packages for localÂ and non-profit companies
Hamagami & Carroll, Inc. – Santa Monica, CA|Â Jan. 2010 – May 2010
- Designer for Video Game packaging, graphic asset,Â and branding guidelines for properties such as Shrek,Â Street Fighter, Skylanders.
Du Puis. – Westlake, CaÂ |Â Aug. 2009 – Dec. 2009
- Designer for new launch of packaging styleguides in theÂ food and beverage industry: Farmer John meat products,Â Don Franciscoâ€™s Coffee, Dole, and Keebler Cookies.
- Concept design, 3D Renders and visual creation forÂ client presentations .