Art Director and Graphic Designer with expertise in packaging, tradeshow and retail design. Experienced working with a variety of Consumer Packaged Goods and Intellectual Property initiatives.
DESIGN MANAGER – MARKETING & eCOMMERCE
Melissa & Doug- Wilton, CT | Nov. 2016- Current
- Design and execute print assets for traditional Point of Sale marketing including: packaging inserts, new product launch assets, print ads, and retail POS.
- Art direction and creation of eCommerce assets for promotional events including: email, display banners, content within video assets, and site content for MelissaAndDoug.com
- Assist with in-house photo and video shoots
- Edit and format product imagery for placement on website, e-mail campaigns, and in advertising materials
ART DIRECTOR – PACKAGING, RETAIL & TRADESHOW
Storebound – New York, NY | Nov. 2014 – Nov. 2016
- Oversee Packaging Department: Design dielines, package graphics, layouts, logos and color schemes for all development lines.
- Lead Design Manager for all tradeshow events; Oversee’s all outside services including printing, large format signage, structure builds, etc.
- Developed and implemented a new streamlined photography and ﬁle management process.
- Art directed still life and lifestyle photo shoots of each product. Edited RAW ﬁles for print production.
- Handled multiple assigned projects with various ﬂuctuating priority levels and short deadlines.
- Responsible for development of all retail P.O.P. Displays, including creating mock up samples and 3D renders for client presentations.
- Collaborate daily with Marketing, Product, Sales, Vendors, Foreign Printers and Factories.
- Introduced brand standard and creative style guide to create cohesive branding across multiple categories.
SENIOR PACKAGE DESIGNER
Jakks Pacific – Malibu, CA | Mar. 2011 – Sept. 2014
- Managed a small team of Designers and Jr.Designers.
- Creative Services for boy’s licensed division: Star Wars, Godzilla, Nintendo, DC, Smurfs, Power Rangers, Pokemon, Slugterra, and Real Steel.
- Ideated and developed packaging, branding and graphic assets as outlined by overall brand stategy.
- Collaborated with licensors on develpment of brand styleguides for use across all global partners.
- Responsible for concept, design, and execution of brand showrooms for quarterly Toy Fairs as well as Licensed conventions.
Talbot Designs – Westlake, CA | Dec. 2010 – Mar. 2011
- Head designer for food and restaurant branding. Working directly with CEO and clients to launch new brands.
Mustang Marketing – thousand oaks, CA | May 2010 – Nov. 2010
- Marketing resources, front end web development, billboard design and direct mail packages for local and non-profit companies
Hamagami & Carroll, Inc. – Santa Monica, CA| Jan. 2010 – May 2010
- Designer for Video Game packaging, graphic asset, and branding guidelines for properties such as Shrek, Street Fighter, Skylanders.
Du Puis. – Westlake, Ca | Aug. 2009 – Dec. 2009
- Designer for new launch of packaging styleguides in the food and beverage industry: Farmer John meat products, Don Francisco’s Coffee, Dole, and Keebler Cookies.
- Concept design, 3D Renders and visual creation for client presentations .